This Emergency First Aid at Work Level 3 qualification (EFAW) is ideal for most businesses whose risk assessment has identified that there is no requirement for a fully trained first aider for their workplace. All courses are delivered, evaluated and quality assured to meet the new guidelines set out by the HSE in October 2017 and meet the requirements of the First Aid at Work (First Aid) regulations 1981 and subsequent 2016 changes.
All our first aid courses fully meet the UK and European Resuscitation Council Guidelines 2015 as per the HSE requirements. It may be delivered as a RQF or VTQ version. The Vocational Training Qualification (VTQ) version is fully recognised by the HSE as a Trade Body Qualification.
The content of this and all our courses has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines and come with a Certified CPD Statement.
Course Duration (excluding breaks)
Maximum students per course
Group Pricing assumes that the Client provides a suitable training venue
Tags: First Aid
The syllabus is as follows:-
- The role of the first aider including:
- – the importance of preventing cross infection
- – the need for recording incidents and subsequent actions
- – use of available first aid equipment
- Legislation – first aid law including first aider litigation issues
- Assessing any situation to act safely, promptly and effectively in any emergency
- Unconscious casualty management including Epilepsy
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) for a non-breathing casualty
- Use of an Automated External Defibrillator
- Choking first aid for a casualty with a blocked airway
- First aid for a casualty that has been injured and is bleeding
- Shock (Hypovolaemic)
- Minor injuries first aid for small cuts, grazes and bruises and small splinters
- Minor burns and scalds